"Adopting a Child won't change the world; but for that Child the world will change."

Saturday 2 June 2007

It's adoption crack!

I clicked on the R Q site, knowing I would cringe... BUT I STILL CLICK?!!! What is the matter with me? (and I'm pretty sure, I'm not alone in this boat?!!!) Truly, it's like crack... I just have to look, have to know... first, it's a real high, I feel good, they're allocating 1/2 a month! Woo Hoo... then I start to come down, the month wears on, and the information wears down... my shakey hand circles the R Q link, I click on it... O.M.G 7 days? We're down to 7 days worth of allocations.





I need rehab.








Don't get my wrong. I have HUGE admiration for R Q, she must put hours upon hours, in to research and gathering information. It's not her fault. If CC@@ were allocating a month at a time, we would all be jumping for joy! It's just a pity that all the early information is so over inflated, and quick deflates, by the time referrals are given out. I was SOOO excited at the early May info, I thought FOR SURE, I'd get to celebrate with my friend's, who are logged in on 11 Nov.


Deflated.



PS. I did look for a "round" balloon, but could only find this one... it IS a children's party balloon.

14 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Yep. That's it for sure. That's EXACTLY it....deflated.

LaLa said...

Yeah..stinks. I just noticed your LID..we were LID 2/21/05. I am still amazed at the long referral time..so sorry.

Polar Bear said...

My only saving grace is that it is seven and not two. I don't think I could handle another one of just two days.

Julie said...

I hear ya!

Colleen said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! "Adoption Crack" such a good way to put it.

It sucks that they were talking about 1/2 the month - and now we are floating somewhere around "7". The roller coaster ride never ends.

kitchu said...

It is like crack, and we all need rehab...

good visual there. captures the mood to perfection.

C's Mom said...

That deflated thing looks as obscene as it feels.

Ah well, it won't be long and we will be all pumped up with hope again. Thus goes the cycle of the waiting parent.

Calico Sky said...

I am sorry, it does suck....

p.s. I know a good clinic ;)

cougchick said...

Major suck fest!

Briana's Mom said...

OMG - it is like crack. It is! I hope the rumors are wrong and that more people are matched than we think. I hope so!

J said...

The one thing no one ever seems to answer is:

1) how did they come up with the 2 week initial number?

2) did they go back and demote the person who gave that 2 week number?

Seems to me many of the rumors begin with, "I'm sure they have to do 2 weeks sooner or later."

And that gets translated to they ARE doing 2 weeks soon!

grrr.

Lindsey said...

OMG that is SO SO true, i remember some nights i would literally bite my nails because of "RQ withdrawls" just minutes after logging off my computer and then toss and turn on the nights when referrals were expcected to be mailed just waiting to see the CCAAs site changed..ahh memories =)its ALL totally 100% worth it in the end though!

Sam said...

Sure... If you say it's a balloon, I'll believe you. *wink*wink*

I know our wait was short (9 months from LID), but I never went to RQ's site. It was tempting, but I knew if I did, it would become an addiction and break my heart.

Ava's family said...

One good thing about RQ....At least getting the fix is free and it won't drain the bank account...However, it does cost you emotionally!