"Adopting a Child won't change the world; but for that Child the world will change."

Tuesday 18 March 2008

Birthday Fun!



Holy Cow! What a jam-packed weekend! I WAS totally spoilt - and thank you so much for all your well-wishes!

Sunday saw us up early, to go to an early Church Service, to see our friend's "miracle baby" (they were told they'd never be able to concieve children!), Amelie, dedicated (like a "naming service"). Back to their place for a quick drink & bite to eat. Then off to the Hil.ton Adelaide, to check in, and let the kids swim in the Hil.ton pool! We dropped the kids back home, where our folks were going to babysit, and we were off to Gold Class Movies, with 2 other couples! I wish I could've taken a photo of the "Double Icecream Sundae" that we ordered, but it was dark in the cinema! It was enormous - we reckon it had close to 2 litres of icecream in it!!! We saw "Run Fat Boy Run" which had some hilarious moments in it - I had tears pouring down my face at one stage!!! It was my kind of humour... immature humour! It also had the nice "feel good" story line. After the movie, we all went out for dinner - not that we were very hungry after gourging ourselves with the huge icecream! We said goodbye to our friends, and cruised, with the windows down, and the music thumping - back to the Hil.ton Hotel. I hardly got any sleep.... the pillows were crunchy (among other things!). We had a yummy buffet breakfast, the next morning... and then my birthday was officially over. Went home to do washing, ironing, cleaning up and cooking!!!

I got great pressies, but the thing I loved the most, was I spent my day with the people that matter the most. (besides, a few family member that I didn't get to see... of course!) My kids gave me a variety of things, they dug up from under their beds! I got a CD holder for the car (from Miss M's showbag last year), she made a big poster for me, and a teddy bear made out of harma beads. H-man made me a bookmark. I also got chocolate, a Bea.nie kids lanyard, a pen (from our company!) and a bali watch, that was too big for Miss M!!! My wonderful friends gave me - the biggest chocolate frog I've ever seen, a China Story on DVD, an organic bath soap and my other friends gave me a Wil.low Tree firgurine called "With Affection - I love our friendship"... awww! My in-laws bought me a ginormous bottle of perfume. And my spunky husband gave me a wonderful day, and 2 great CDs!

I am so blessed.

13 comments:

Chelley said...

Sounds like the perfect way to get a year older!! (well at least until coming home to the washing and ironing LOL!!!)

The pic of u and Chewey you look like you are 20 something!!

Alyson and Ford said...

I love ice cream. That is probably why Aly will not allow it in the house :) What a great birthday! And what great birthday gifts.

Happy Happy Happy BIRTHDAY!!!

4D said...

Sounds divine!

Keep smilin!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

You are indeed blessed, my friend! Sounds like a wonderful birthday!!!

Julie said...

Wow, sounds like a wonderful birthday!
What a great family you have!

Linda said...

You are blessed, but that is because you give out blessings!!! Glad your birthday was so good..Linda

Cristina said...

Crunchy pillows causing you to not slepp huh???? I DON"T BELIEVE YOU!!!!! Bwahahahahah.....

Happy belated birthday from your slack Taswegian friend,

Cristina xxxx

Cristina said...

And a normal person would have written SLEEP, not SLEPP....

Cristina (who needs to go to bed!)

cougchick said...

looks like a great birthday! As for the crunchy pillows, I have learned to take my own pillow or suffer the consequences of a stiff neck for days. Pathetic, I know.

You look so relaxed in the beach photo with your Chewie. True bliss...

Love the shoes!

Donna said...

Happy belated birthday! Best gift ever...spending time with the ones you love.

Donna :)

kitchu said...

Happy Belated Birthday- sounds like it was perfection!

C's Mom said...

What a great way to spend your birthday. I must admit, I am having lurid fantasies about your ice cream ;0)

Next birthday you will have one more kiddo about!!

Special K said...

Looks like a most awesome time!
What a great way to celebrate a birthday...