"Adopting a Child won't change the world; but for that Child the world will change."

Wednesday 26 December 2007

Christmas Day 2007

630am Christmas Morning ~ all is quiet...
As always it was a wonderful, fun, jam-packed day! Mr T woke me up when he got up to use the bathroom at 10 to 6, and I couldn't go back to sleep! I lay there til 630, and decided, I was getting up - so everyone else should be getting up! I put my Christmas music on nice and loud, and made myself a cuppa tea! H-Man was out in the lounge room in less than 2 mins, so I got him to go round and wake everyone else up!!! My folks stayed overnight, Christmas Eve and had to endure our early Christmas morning too!

We wanted to go to our Christmas Church Service, at 9am, so we had lots to do in a short space of time! The presents were opened, ooo'ing and ahhh'in proceeded. Miss M got her coveted digital camera (one I bought for me about 2 years ago, but it was slow, between shots and didn't have movie with sound! so I put it back neatly in the box, wound up the cords, and wrapped!) H-Man got a couple of Nintendo DS games, I gave Mr T a Sony Cybershot camera... and the family got a Wii machine! My family also gave me a CHINA calendar, that has some awesome photos in it.



I got the Webber BBQ Kettle going and was just ready for the meat to go in when we went to Church. We got home around 1030am, and I got busy making lunch for 14, while the kids played with their new toys (Mr T set up the Wii, and they can't get enough of it!)

The adults sat in the dining room:

The kids sat in the courtyard, just next to the dining room:

Everyone arrived around 1230-1pm for lunch, we had a yummy banquet of roasted pork, turkey and lamb with roasted spuds (potatoes!) and steamed peas, corn & carrots! Mmm-M! Pudding or cheesecake for dessert - then we all lounged around on the couch coz we couldn't move from eating too much! Mr T's Auntie & cousin called in for a quick cuppa, and present distribution.

Miss M & cousin, clowning around:

At 6, I got up to organise some dinner, but we were all so stuffed, we just snacked on leftovers! (no formal sitting at the table... grab a plate a crash on the couch and watch TV!) Everyone was gone by about 730pm, ahhh peace... and my folks came back from a visit with my Gran, who's in a nursing home (BTW... I'm not going to get old.) We watched Griswald's Christmas on TV, then the kids and Mum and Dad went to bed ~ Mr T & I played a Bowling Championship on Wii... who's the champion ~ ME! I'm no good at the batting games - but I CAN bowl! Score of 197, thank you very much!



H-Man just before bed, Christmas night:

I hit the hay around 1230, Mr T was still up playing "crossbow" on Wii - I have no idea when he came to bed!!! I drifted off to sleep thinking of Mini... I hope she is safe and warm, and we'll get to have her home next Christmas.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful table settings. Merry Christmas!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Seems like fun was had by all... then there is the crackers... bon bons over here... miss those... have a good day...

Briana's Mom said...

Looks like you had a fun day! Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day. I am so JEALOUS about your upcoming trip to China!! Can't wait to hear all about it (and see pictures of course!)
Wishing you and your family a wonderful 2008 (and that we bring our daughters hoem soon!!!)

Linda said...

Sounds like a perfect Christmas day.. Family, gifts and a good relaxing time. We had the crackers at our table too. The kids like us to wear the crowns that come inside during dinner. Happy New Year with a Hope that alot of babies share the next Christmas with us.... Linda

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Sounds WONDERFUL! My mom would TOTALLY pull that Christmas music trick when we were kids! Honestly, us moms are worse than the kids, aren't we? :-)

Shannon said...

Bowling champ you betcha! There is no way you COULD grow old! =) Be sure to post some pics of you all wii-ing!
Merry Christmas! I'm excited to find out what next Christmas will be like for all of us! =)

Lisa~~ said...

Sounds and looks like a wonderful day. Merry Christmas and wishing you a wonderful New Year!

Tamara said...

Your Christmas sounds wonderful! I loved the China calender.

Chelley said...

Merry Christmas my friend! Sounds like a wonderful fun filled day...

cougchick said...

just getting caught up your blog. Your Christmas looked delightful.
The table setting was gorgeous.

Happy New Year!