"Adopting a Child won't change the world; but for that Child the world will change."

Sunday 21 September 2008

3 word Sunday


Well... ALMOST My New Car!! I've booked a flight to Melbourne (in the next state), for next Sat morning. I'll pick up my new car. Then stay a couple of days with family, and drive home on Monday! People are so surprised when I say, I'm buying a car in another state!!! Why is it so weird?! This car was at least $5k cheaper, than any here in Adelaide. So I booked a $100 plane ticket, and the will probably pay about $140 in fuel to get home.... I'm still miles in front!!

She's a Holden Captiva LX. A top of the range, 7 seat all wheel drive. Full leather interior. Climate control. Reverse parking sensors (yay!). Power Steer. Automatic. 6 stack "in dash" CD ... I'm in love! I'll say goodbye to my MIL's little "run about", that she's kindly leant to me while she's overseas - I'm SO looking forward to being able to fit my grocery shopping in the boot, and having 4 doors again! Little cars are easy to park, and a bit cheaper on fuel... but I've stuggled with it's "smallness"!! I fill up the tiny boot with 2 school bags, music book bags and library bags!

Other very exciting news this week... V.irgi.n Pa.cfic (Airlines) released new flights direct from Adelaide to Bali! And as with most new routes, they were super-duper cheap! My SIL rang, and said "we're going!" ~ she's taking her 5 kids... and wanted to know if I had my money ready, we had to come too!! So I did it. I booked FIVE tickets to Bali for March next year. I was just about shaking when I booked an INFANT in with our family!! Then when it came to the passenger detail bit... I had to supply "sex, name, date of birth".... YIKES!!! So I made an executive decision that SHE is going to be a girl. I put in her name!!! But was really stumped on the DOB! So I put in 01/01/08! After I finished the online booking, I rang V.irgi.n to make sure they knew I wasn't purposely entering false information! The girl was fantastic. She was really exciting for us (maybe my high pitched squeely voice gave her the impression I was excited?!!) She said it was fine, and as soon as we have the information, if we could let them know. Argh!!! We'll be taking our baby to Bali!!! I really, really, really hope, we go get her in Dec (or Jan at the latest) - so we've had a couple of months at home to settle in! If not - we may be taking a very irrated little person on a packed plane!!! Man! Its just so surreal! I keep thinking, if I'm this beside myself booking a holiday... how am I going to be, booking our China trip - to go get her?!!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are huge Bali fans - we are going to have to check it out someday.

Congrats on the new car!

Ava's family said...

WOW!!! Booking a flight to Bali for the ENTIRE family.....How cool is THAT!!! I bet when you're in Bali....I'll be in China! This is really happening!!!!

Lisa and Tate said...

Love the new car!!

BALI!!! With an infant seat??? Life is a paradise!

Lisa

Chelley said...

Very swish car!! Can just see you driving back to Adel with the music up HIGH and singing away on the top of your lungs!

Briana's Mom said...

Sweet ride!!!!

You booked an entire family vacation! So exciting!!!

Julie said...

Wow! A new car AND a trip!! Lucky you!!!

C's Mom said...

Very sexy!

Bali with baby....love it.

Puddin' said...

I'm excited for you!! Bali will be great with the THREE kiddos! Congrats on your new car too, it sounds perfect.

cougchick said...

sweet ride....

and how cool about Bali. I'm green with envy here. Love that you were able to add mini without much difficulty.

Unknown said...

SOOOOO jealous...double jealous...Bali AND a new car!!! Lucky you...and getting your little one soon to boot!!

Gen said...

umm where is my ticket??

Some girls have all the fun!!

xo

Deb said...

Bali with baby, and a new car! AWSOME!

Rebel said...

Should book a family suite at the Westin Resort... the BEST with the kids!

LOVE LOVE LOVE Bali... lived in Indonesia for 6 years... went to Bali almost every month...

Enjoy with ALL the kids!

Cheers, Rebel