"Adopting a Child won't change the world; but for that Child the world will change."

Tuesday 16 September 2008

New plans

Like with our adoption "wait"... we are now stuck in the "housing wait"!! And as with our adoption wait, the longer we wait, the more we change our mind on certain things!!! I've been looking into some different builders and plans etc... and this is now the leader! Its cheaper than the other house we were all keen on, and its a steel framed home (and apparently there are lots of termites up where our land is... great!) We really like this one - it's a wee bit smaller (less cleaning, right?!) we'll make a few small modifications to the internal structure but other than that - we like it just the way it is!

Last night, we went and saw W@ll-E we won free tickets from the local radio station. It was a nice "feel good" movie - and humanity's "materialism" was the storyline. The scary thing is... it's possible our world could end up, a rubbish tip. Well... I'm off to find something I can recyle, and then I might go for a walk so I don't end up like a "screen fixated butterball"!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys are busy! I cant wait to see that movie

Chelley said...

oh looks nice and hey cheaper means more you can spend on other things!!! Like a pool LOL!

C's Mom said...

Very nice. I am sure whatever home you end up with, it will be lovely. Ah well, the steel frame makes sense. Otherwise u may be sending me more firewood for my pit (albeit yours would be full of termite-y goodness)

Call me mean but I wouldn't mind cooking a few termites...crummy little critters.

Briana's Mom said...

I really like that plan! Whatever you decide - it will be beautiful I'm sure!

Puddin' said...

BOO to termites! They were rampant in San Diego. Steel would be a better choice, fer sure! I saw that movie too and left feeling like you did...Not the happy go lucky "kid movie" I'm used to seeing with my kiddos, but good in a way-I guess. I should go before I ramble on and on.

Puddin' said...

P.S. I LIKE the new plan for the house! Lots of room. You'll have a billiards room??!! Nice!! I didn't know you were a pool shark. LOL! I'm rambling today...I don't know why! Bye!

Ava's family said...

The house plan looks wonderful.
I want to build a new house.......

Cristina said...

Plan looks fab OziMum. Can just picture you chalking up in the billiards room!!!

cristina xxx