"Adopting a Child won't change the world; but for that Child the world will change."

Tuesday 23 September 2008

Registration

Here in SA, our "adoption Registration" last for 3 years. In Nov, we'll have been registered for 3 years (despite our agency's early chuffs that we certainly wouldn't need to worry about re-registration. HA!) So we need to update our financial info, homestudy, medicals and police clearances. We've got our medicals tomorrow. Joy. I was going to eat light today - in the hopes I'd be a couple of kgs lighter at the Drs... but I caved, and have just devoured a scrumptious super fresh chocolate donut. Gee it was worth it!

It feels like forever since the last lot of allocations were sent - it's only been about 3 weeks! I'm sooo hanging out to see where C.c.@.a get up to! I hope I'm not too devasted. I've been convincing myself that they'll get up to 17 Feb - (hi! to all those logged in on 17th!) Then it'd only be 5 days til us. I do think, the 17th is a bit ambitious though. But, on the other hand I really really hope they get there!!!

Have you swung by Ford and Alyson's place? Gosh Alyzabeth An has such an angelic face! Sounds like her lungs are quite so angelic!
Happy 2nd Birthday Alyzabeth An!
Life for you (and for your Mama and Baba!!) will never be the same again!

9 comments:

C's Mom said...

Hey, girlie! Hopefully only one more month after this on as an LIDversary for you.

Happy renewing. I feel your pain ;0) Three years does rock though. The US is not so generous.

Anonymous said...

good luck with re-registering!

rubyiscoming said...

hi there! i am totally hoping for 2/17 for obvious reasons :)
good luck with the doc - we just went through that a couple weeks ago.

cheers
kim

Briana's Mom said...

I am so excited for you! You are getting SO close!

Ava's family said...

We're doing all our paperwork now too. What a joy....NOT!!

Where are the rumors?? It's so quiet....You can hear a pin drop!

cougchick said...

31 months.....that is just not right.

good luck with the renewing process.

Jen said...

This American is jealous that yours is good for 3 years! We're renewing for the 3rd time... but I'm so glad that everything is going smoothly for you!

I'm on pins and needles waiting to find out how far the CCAA gets this month. We may need a whole box of chocolate doughnuts.

Sam said...

Sorry to say, the rumor is the CCAA is only going to do 1 or 2 days this time. The whole formula thing is pretty darn serious. Most of the girls from Kieren's SWI are being tested because the SWI won't tell us if they had used it (yes, they give the girls Sanlu). Just one more thing to slow this process down!!! I really hope the rumor isn't true...

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Hey, good luck with the paperwork!
can't wait to see what date the CCAA get too!