"Adopting a Child won't change the world; but for that Child the world will change."

Monday 1 December 2008

Can't sleep

Its almost midnight, and I don't feel the least bit tired! (**damn it! why did I have 2 coffees after dinner?!!**) So here I sit, sipping peppermint tea, and eating chocolate!

Whilst riding my caffeine high, all I can think about is that little asian face... in our file. I envisage the file, flying across the sea, and into our Agency. I see, the Co-ordinator opening the file, and looking at the little face, and reading the information. He picks up the phone, and dials my number. I pick up the phone, not knowing who the unidentified caller is. I squeal when he announces who it is! He tells me, our file is in. I can't breath. I blurt out, "is it a girl?" He says "yes, but you must come in to see the file!". Feeling like I'm going to chuck (**Great Wall revisited!**), I fumble to ring Mr T. He is emotional. We ring our parents ~ more emotion! Two hours later, we sit opposite our co-ordinator, who with a grin from ear-to-ear, opens our file infront of us. For the first time, our eyes set upon the face of our daughter. My face screws up, in that contorted, ugly way, that it does, when I'm trying not to cry. She is our daughter.


That's where my day-dreaming (at night!) is up too! I don't have a clue what is going to happen... or when, for that matter. A friend thinks files won't be out for another week. I hope it is sooner - but I think I've prepared my heart for next month, anyway. For all the March (and after!) people... I certainly hope that's not the case - coz the longer it is for me; the longer it is for you.

9 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

I can definitely see why you can't sleep! Your life is going to change in just a few days!

I am so excited for you!

Referral day is so unbelievable. Just wait and see...

4D said...

That is a great dream that is going to come true soon!

Keep smilin!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I just can't wait.....soooooo cool.

Peppermint tea....you're my kinda gal. ;-)

Ava's family said...

I think all your dreams will come true THIS month.

cougchick said...

Ooooooh. i can't wait!!!!!

Alyson and Ford said...

Please, please let this be your month!!!
I can't stand it any longer for you February LID'er's!!

Alyson
Alyzabeth's Mommy!

Cristina said...

It WILL be this month!! It wasn't that long ago that I was doing the midnight computer blog thingy - hang in their gorgeous girl!!

Cristina xxx

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Oh man... still nothing... I have been thinking of you the last few days wondering... guess I will have to keep wondering...

C's Mom said...

I am placing bets that you are in this time m'dear!