"Adopting a Child won't change the world; but for that Child the world will change."

Wednesday 24 December 2008

So what happened?!!

I hear you say?!! How can I be groaning about "our lost file" then be flashing a photo of our gorgeous daughter?!!! (which, by the way, if you haven't seen... you need to scroll down).


WELLLL....
I'll start with Sunday. On Sunday, my parents arrived from interstate to stay with us for 3 weeks. One their way down, they had a call from the nursing home, Grandma was very ill and in alot of pain, they wanted to take her to hospital. She's got a septic infection, but they don't know where its coming from. Its not expected that she'll last the night, but she does. My Grandma is the strongest woman in the world!


Monday morning we got an email, from a batch member, that had contacted our agency, asking for news, as they were going on holidays on Tuesday. They were told "No files".

I went to a Christmas lunch, with some family, for a work do. My brother, came to pick up the kids, to take them to the museum... my brother has NEVER had our kids before!!! My parents were home and Mr T happened to call in home, as well... he's NEVER home early!! My bro called around 430 and asked if I could pick them up from the city, which was fine, as I wasn't far away. So I picked up the kids, and as I pulled into the driveway, I could see a note, flapping on the door. I was a bit confused, as everyone's cars were there, I wasn't sure why they'd put a note on the door. The note read:
"I love you Mummy. Come and see my photo at 2pm tomorrow. Love ???"
(just typing that has made me cry again!)
I was very confused. But as I unlocked the door to walk in, all the clues fell into place. Mr T had jumped up out of chair as I came in, I blurted out "DID THEY RING?!!" (and think I was crying before I'd finished the sentence!) He yelled "YES!!!" I just clung to my darling husband and wept like a baby!!! Oh.my.goodness. The floodgates of utter relief were opened.

Mr T, being the man that his is, did not ask any questions about the baby... just wrote down the time. You know what? I didn't care... our file was not lost!!!!

I woke up at about 330am on 23 Dec. I lay there wide awake, thinking, for about an hour and finally got up at about 430am. I had a chiro appt in the morning. Went home, made lunch for my folks and kids, and we watched a DVD. At about 110pm, we get a phone call. Grandma has passed away. I needed to go, as I had to pick up Mr T from work before going into the City. I can't stop thinking about Grandma. We arrive for our 2pm appt. We see another couple from our batch, they'd just had their interview. Hugs all round. In our interview, the first thing our (male) co-cordinator says is "So, how's your day". Mr T, looks at me and says "We just found out L's Grandma has passed away". Poor guy. He didn't know what to do!!! "OK, this is what your here for" - and he slaps our daughter on the table! I was just mesmerised! I didn't cry!!! I tried to explain it to Mr T, later - but it was like I know her, or I've seen her before. The weirdest feeling!!! So we finished our interview, we went home... and the rest is history!

Pre-baby, there were a couple of things, I thought would be nice.
1. That our baby had hair
2. That we had a young baby
You know what... when you see your baby. Nothing matters. Because your baby is hand picked just for you. I can't tell you enough, just how perfect she is.


As the saying goes "As one life ends, another begins"... truer words have never been spoken.
Rest in Peace, Grandma. Your newest Great-Granddaughter is perfect.

34 comments:

Puddin' said...

Wow. That's an amazing story! I wondered how you were eventually told that your daughter was here! I'm sorry that you lost your grandmother. And oh so happy that you now have your daughter! I just came back to take another peek at her--she's such a cutie pie!

RamblingMother said...

so sorry for your loss. your daughter is perfect!

4D said...

That is an amazing referral story!

I am so sorry for your loss.

But I am so happy for your new addition.

Keep smilin!

Tami said...

What an amazing story. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother, but how awesome that you were to find your daughter on the very same day.

Anonymous said...

OK I am crying again. So sorry about your Grandma. But have I told you lately that your daughter is so so cute. I look at her sweet face and she reminds me of your family already(esp Mr T for some reason). I truly believe bald babies rock..LOL
You must get her photo blown up and sit it in the highchair for xmas lunch. Ok just need to go and look at that cuteness again...
BTW my batch mates all say CONGRATS!!
Love Jandra

Chelley said...

I am so very sorry for the loss of your wonderful grandmother...

Your referral story is one that will be held dear to your hearts forever...

As one closes another will open and yours as opened to such a wonderful view....

How you havent stopped crying is amazing.... That is all I have done....

Linda said...

Sorry to read about your Grandmother.. Prayers and Hugs to your family. You are such a special person that I know your Grandmother must have been to.
Tari is so beautiful...Isn't it funny how you can be so happy and yet have such sadness at the same time... our Grandmother is smiling down at Tari and your family right now.. Linda

redmaryjanes said...

Congratulations on your little girl, she is beautiful.

redmaryjanes said...

I just noticed that your little one has the same birthday that I do. How cool is that?

Kim said...

Congratulations again girly..
She is beautiful... I want Isabella to have hair too and I have enough clippies forever.. but I am almost sure she will be bald..lol.
Hugs..
My thoughts and prayers go out to you..
Sorry to hear about your Grandmother..
HUGS...

Pug Mama said...

so sorry about your grandmother - my heart is just broken for your family.
On the same hand, so happy you received news of your beautiful daughter on the same day.
shaved head or not - she is just perfect. Just a beauty!!!
My daughter will be bald or have a shaved head also - I am sure of it. (only because I have around 1,000 hair bows waiting for her!)

Alyson and Ford said...

To try and explain the joy I feel for you all just can't be done with words alone... I loved reading this post and I'm so happy that this little one will soon be in your arms and the loving embrace of this remarkable family. A bit of grandmother will always be in the spirit of your daughter... Always.
peace
fm

Ava's family said...

I'm so sorry about your Grandma. ((hugs))

What an amazing referral day story you have. Oh my gosh, the note Mr T left on the door for you....Heck, it's making me cry just thinking about it. So sweet.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I am SO incredibly sorry about your Grandma but so incredibly happy you have your daughter...
Hugs to you all...

Abby's Mom said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmothers passing. But also very happy to see your beautiful new daughters face! Congratulations!!! Don't worry, still plenty of baby left and your right. God picks the perfect baby for us all :)

Twicket said...

LeeAnne I am crying like a baby here reading your blog!!!
Sorry to hear of your Grandmas passing but CONGRATULATIONS on finally having a beautiful baby daughter!
Merry Christmas to you all!
Love & Hugs
Trish & Dave

C's Mom said...

That last line is just perfect. I'm crying my snoz all red with tears of joy for you as well as sending you my sympathies on the loss of your grandma.

Your girl is just beautiful...oh, what a feeling.

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Your last line sums it up.
So sorry about your Grandma but I am sooo happy that you finally have a picture of your beautiful daughter!

Hugs,x

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your Grandma. So happy for you in ever other way. It's a beautiful story!

Briana's Mom said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I know how special she was to you and you to her.

Your daughter is beautiful. It is true - once you see the picture - you just know that is the child meant for you!!

Deb in MT said...

I had to laugh at the end of your post. Take heart....our "baby" at 2.5 years was basically bald (see our blog Oct 2006). Now 2 years later....well, she's not bald, but her bangs STILL aren't even close to her eyebrows! Folks in the grocery store are amazed that she "talks so well"....thinking she's about 2 years old & she's actually 4.5. Oh well....there is hope for hair! Just dress her in feminine colors so she doesn't get the dreaded "boy" comments! ha!

Special K said...

Two emotions to feel at once.
Sadness and grief in the loss of your grandmother. Which I'm so sorry for.
But happiness and relief that you finally know who your daughter is. And she is beautiful...shaved head and all.

Thanks for sharing your referral story. I got all teary and barely got thru it.

Catherine said...

Wow! So many emotions in one day. So sorry for the loss of your Grandma and yet at the same time so very thankful for the safe arrival of Tari!

((hugs))

Unknown said...

What a rollercoaster ride you have been on. So sorry about your grandmother.Your Daughter is beautiful.
Donna

Anonymous said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!! So glad to see you got your referral and she is definitely beautiful! Sorry about your Grandmother--but I'm sure she is rejoicing in heaven over your new daughter! In Job it tells us: "The Lord gives and the Lord takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord". I am saying a prayer for your family from USA.
Proud Grandma of a beautiful China Doll.

Jen said...

Amen! You have spoken the truth. When you see your daughter, nothing else matters. She is yours!

I'm so sorry that you've lost your grandmother. I wish there were words to express that better... such a loss!

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness! You lost your grandma as well? She will definitely be watching over your new little one and you as you travel to bring her home. With love and prayers.

Jen Boote said...

and you know what OziMum - she's a Pixi and she's TOTALLY adorable. I'm so, SO happy for you. (although also terribly sad about your Grandma) It has been a bad week for you - but you now have the most wonderful Christmas present - a photo of the little girl that will soon run around your halls and fill that empty place in your heart. Our little Ebony was 16 months and 5 days when we got her 2 years ago tomorrow. It's the most beautiful age....and it just keeps getting better. love to you all at this happy, happy time.

Jen and Ebony

Suzie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. You are in my thoughts.

Your new daughter is BEAUTIFUL!! Congratulations :o)

cougchick said...

So Bitter Sweet. My deepest sympathies and congratulations to you!

Mike and Rhonda said...

First, let me say that I am so sorry about your grandmother. I am sure she is so proud of her great grand.

Secondly, your daughter is just beautiful. Hannah was 15 months when we got her referral. You do grieve for the lost months and first with her. But, she has a lot of baby in her and I would not trade for anything.

I really believe that there were not just humans in that matching room. Hannah is just perfect in everyway for our family!

Congrats! The wait is finally over!

Lisa~~ said...

So sorry for your loss.

We had a bald 14 month old at time of referral and she was the best thing to ever come into our lives. Like you, I thought she'd have hair and be a bit younger but when I saw her piccie I knew she was my daughter. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

Lisa said...

I am sooo sorry about your grandmother's passing. What a bittersweet day for you.

Your baby girl is gorgeous and I had to chuckle when I read your two points. We wish our Gracie would have had hair (grin)... and Gracie was referred to us at 4 days shy of 15 months as well. We welcomed her in to our family at 16 months and while I wouldn't trade her for the world, oh how I wish we could have become her parents sooner. But then, had we gotten an earlier referral, it surely wouldn't have been the same baby girl. Sometimes I am sad we missed those earlier months ...but there were tons of positives with her age being a bit older. :)

She's yours and she's perfect!

Lisa

LaLa said...

So sorry about your grandma...your daughter is BEAUTIFUL...bald and all : ) Who knows when that pic was taken though..she may have hair now : )

Hope you travel soon!!!