"Adopting a Child won't change the world; but for that Child the world will change."

Monday 22 December 2008

Thanks

Thanks for all your kind thoughts. It has not been any comment, that has me upset and frustrated!!!

I had to apologise to my poor mother, who was trying to give me some "Godly" encouragement, and I totally shot her down, screamed and did the "ugly" cry, over the phone!!! I later said to Mum... "When I'm that upset... pleeeease for everyone's sake... just agree that they're all sh!theads!!!" I've been a Christian for a veeeery long time. I know that God loves me, and wants the best for me! But hearing about "God's will" in a time of anguish certainly isn't going to settle my emotions!!!

Anyway, I did manage to laugh on the weekend, and have some good times with good friends. My folks arrived from interstate yesterday, to stay for 3 weeks. And my younger bro announced his engagement! Unfortunately, late yesterday afternoon, we heard that Grandma was rushed to hospital. The Dr didn't think Grandma would make it through the night, but we never got a call, so it appears she's still with us. I adore my Grandma. But its been heartbreaking see her quick and steady decline over the last 6 weeks. We found out last week, that not only has her Alzheimers advanced, but she'd had a minor stroke and has leukemia, as well. I saw her Friday; I'm not even really sure she knew who I was. She'd lost the capacity to speak.

I can only say, it's been one of the most emotional weeks of my life. So to finish, I'll leave you with a line from my favourite Chumbawumba song

"I get knocked down... but I get up again... you're never gonna keep me down".

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really can't say anything else other than I'm so sorry and I can't even imagine how you're feeling right now. Oh and that you're right, they ARE a bunch of shitheads! :) I am the same way though, anyone does anything but agree with me when I'm really really angry and I bite their head off.
I'm sorry life is so hard right now, but you will get through this..

Deb said...

Ugggg! I don't have anything wise or comforting to say....you have every right to feel what ever you feel.
Praying for you....it's the best I got.
Velcro Hugz

Briana's Mom said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Wow - everything is hitting you at once right now. I am glad you were able to laugh a little this weekend. I am sending long distance hugs to you.

Suzie said...

Hang in there girl! Your grandmother will be in my thoughts.

Linda said...

Sorry everything is hitting you now. Your Grandmother will be in my prayers along with your family. Give anyone he*l you want...It's your right to be upset... Hugs from Az. Linda

Kim said...

Not sure what to say ..
so I am just sending you a big blogger HUG....
Have a Great Week..
Hugs..

C's Mom said...

Nothing at all to say that will make it all better so I'm just sending ewe a hug and wishing all the baaaaad things away!

Seriously, my heart goes out to you.

Chelley said...

Your grandmother will be in my thoughts and prayers......

And you know that you have been in my prayers....

I really am s**T off with the A***T****AN side and how they just sit and wait leaving you hanging....

Sam said...

Sweetie, I hope things get better for you soon! BTW, I ALWAYS hated that "in God's time" crap while we waited (yes, I'm a Christian)!!! It doesn't make you feel better, but it sure does make you madder!!! I'm always here if you want to vent. I'm so sorry about your Grandma. HUGS to you, sweet friend.

Alyson and Ford said...

I always want to have control so it is so hard to wait when any news is all we want to hear. You are doing great... I would have jumped off the earth!!
Hoping for good referral news soon!
Prayers for all our Grandparents who are suffering.

Alyzabeth's Mommy

Catherine said...

Still praying...and here for you to vent, cry, scream, laugh....go through whatever emotion you want/need to!

((hugs))

Have a great visit with your family. Hopefully the busyness of the week will help to ease the pain in your heart.

M3 said...

Sending big massive hugs and also good wishes for a wonderful visit with your family. I cried the ugly cry when we found out we missed the July referral batch by one day and said a whole bunch of words I hope the girls don't learn for a looooong time. I was ticked off at the lack of communication most of all. Anyhow, there's nothing wrong with yelling, screaming, crying or anything else you feel like doing.

Sending good wishes to your grandma too.

Truly Blessed said...

Hi, I know I'm not a frequent commenter, but I am familiar with your story and want to tell you that I hate what has happened to you (and to all of the others in your situation).

There may be one teeny-tiny bright spot, maybe...I know you and PIPO are great friends, and she's expecting her sweetie's referral in the next batch...and if you also receive YOUR referral in the next batch, maybe you will be able to meet up in China!

Just looking for the silver lining, but I agree wholeheartedly that being skipped sucks.

Blessings to you, and Merry Christmas!