"Adopting a Child won't change the world; but for that Child the world will change."

Tuesday 18 November 2008

1000 Days




Yep... you read it... 1,000 days. Madness, I tell ya! Do you like the pic? This was us, squeezed into our little train cabin, on the overnight train from Beijing to Xi'An. I really like this photo, I thought it seemed quite appropriate... it looks like we're all waiting on the edge of our seats! (which we were/are!)





This week is a massive week of numbers. Today marks 1000 days. Its our LID anniversary this week, our wedding anniversary, and Mr T is racing in the Classic Adelaide so he's hoping to improve his rank this year too! I think he finished at about 32, last year. I was so impressed! Its the first time he's ever raced in anything! And he didn't crash and die... that's always a bonus!



Its been such a funny, old month. Some mornings I wake up, and my heart skips a beat... could we see our child's face in 2 weeks time? Other mornings I wake up, feeling nothing. Can't get too excited ~ you'll only get disappointed. The lady in the bank said today "Aren't you getting ready to go to China"? (she ordered my "crisp new notes", so I told her all about it!) I sadly shook my head, and explained the incredibly small batch last month. I said "We SHOULD get in the next lot of allocations... but I'm not holding my breath". It makes me feel sad, that I'm not over the moon excited! I just don't want to be bitterly disappointed. I didn't think we'd make it, last month - but thought we'd DEFINITELY be in for Dec. But all I can think is, "what if they only allocate 2 days again?" We're still not in.



I know God's plan is perfect. I know that when we do see our child's face, it'll be so worth it. I truly do know that, and believe that. But don't kid yourself... adoption is by NO MEANS easy ~ "the wait is like being on a rolla-coasta" - truer words have never been spoken!

16 comments:

Kim said...

Happy 1000 days..
You are getting there girly..
Just think you are next.
Have a Great Week..
Can't wait ...
Hugs..

4D said...

Wow...1000 days!

Sitting on the edge and holding my breath for you.

Keep smilin!

Linda said...

We are all praying for you that you will seeing Mini's face very soon. Can't wait to share your Happiness!!! Linda

Ava's family said...

I really believe that your wait will soon be over. 1000 days....Hard to believe, isn't it.

Rhonda said...

1000 days...hard to believe. At least your wait should be over SOON!

Anonymous said...

You're a survivor!

M3 said...

Keeping my fingers crossed. SO DANG EXCITED. I have a feeling you're in the December batch. Don't know why, it's just a feeling.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

1000 days? That's just nuts. Sorry that it's taking SO long!

Anonymous said...

one thousand days. holy flippin' cow.


by the way, i was watching Rove the other night and he had that new Bond guy on. Is it just me or does he look like a grown up H-man?!

Julie said...

Wow, that's a lot of days. Waiting. Dreaming. Hang in there. You're NEXT!!! WHOHOO!

Cristina said...

You're right Ozimum- God's plan IS perfect and Mini is waiting for you. She/he just has to wait until God sees fit, whether it be this month or next. I know it doesn't make the wait any easier, but at least you know that when the time finally comes (and it will, very soon!) God's perfect plan has been fulfilled. Hugs to you all on a thousand days of waiting and dreaming....
Cristina xxx

Jenn said...

1000 days?!?!?! What you put it that way, it's downright depressing! Either way, you're almost there. I'm pulling for you (again) this month!

C's Mom said...

I've been have a lot of talks with the Big Man.

I;m sure He'll give us answers soon but I sure hope they're the ones we want to hear :0)

Edge of the seats, indeed....

...back to shearing for now!

Catherine said...

Happy 1000 days. Hopefully not many more!! :o)

Briana's Mom said...

Oh my! 1000 days! You are soooo close now!

t~ said...

1000 days seems like nothing while you sit on the edge of referral. She's coming soon....hang on to that seat! Yeehaw!